The Third Wave of CBT looks at changing behaviour and the context of cognitions, by adopting mindfulness, acceptance and compassion approaches.
This course will explain the development of CBT into its Third Wave and how it helps people with complex issues to respond to those issues.
You will have the opportunity to discus and compare a range of Third Wave approaches (such as MBCT, DBT, ACT etc).
What you will learn
- How CBT has changed in the light of new research
- A brief overview of the first two waves
- How these approaches fit with wider changes in responding to emotional distress
- The range of Third Wave interventions (such as MBCT, ACT, DBT etc) and their similarities and differences
- What Mindfulness is and is not
- Neff’s four ‘M’s of mindfulness
- What compassion is and is not
- Experiencing mindfulness and acceptance exercises
- The role of metaphor and narrative
- Gilbert’s three systems model of emotion regulation
1 day course
Wharf Chambers, Leeds, LS 7EQ
Open course with individual places
If you have a number of people in your organisation who would benefit, it may be more cost effective to bring it to you.