DATE AND TIME
Tue 15 January 2019
10:00 – 16:30 GMT
Sheffield Alcohol Support Service
646 Abbeydale Road
With the increase use of Spice and other synthetic cannabinoids sweeping the nation, this course aims to provide you with the knowledge and awareness of the drug and its effect on the individual as well as the wider community.
Following the unprecedented popularity of our recent run of training in association with DACT and Sheffield City Council, this course is designed to provide information and advice on Spice, its effects and how to react when faced with someone potentially at risk. Learners will:
- understand the effects and mechanism of action for cannabis
- be able to explain the difference between THC and CBD
- be able to identify Spice and understand how it differs from cannabis
- understand the physical and mental health risks and harms of Spice use
- explore harm reduction responses to Spice use
- explore myths and facts around spice use
- be aware of the Law around Spice.