Peer support is an important part of a wellbeing society. It is increasingly being recognised that offering support to others creates meaning, purpose and wellbeing.
This course will help you consider how best to help ‘service users’ transition to peer supporters; and to support and empower them in their peer support role.
What you will learn
- Understanding how peer support fits into the new vision for mental health
- Different types of peer support
- The role of identity in peer support
- Owning our favouritism when growing peer supporters and managing this
- Skills for giving feedback
- Managing boundaries
- Skills for developing others
1 day course
Sheffield Technology Parks, Cooper Buildings, Arundel Street, Sheffield, S1 2NS
Open course with individual places
If you have a number of people in your organisation who would benefit, it may be more cost effective to bring it to you.