This is a knowledge-based course that summarises the latest developments in neuropsychology and evolutionary psychology. It explains the rapid explosion of addiction to behaviours beyond taking substances, such as use of social media, gaming and pornography.
You will understand your own unhelpful habits and those of the people you work with better than ever before.
What you will learn
- The new addictions – gaming, social media, gambling, shopping
- Addiction as a distraction from suffering
- The role of dopamine, and dopamine expectancy effects in dependency
- Lizard, mouse, monkey and other mind metaphors
- Seigel’s definition of mind
- Revised evolutionary psychology: co-evolution
- Fight & Flight vs Tend & Befriend
- The role of human connection and social identity in dependence
1 day course
St George's Centre, Leeds, LS1 3DL
Open course with individual places
If you have a number of people in your organisation who would benefit, it may be more cost effective to bring it to you.