This course looks at a range of ways of understanding how people lapse and relapse back to problematic behaviour after making a successful change.
It focuses particularly on the newer mindfulness-based approaches to preventing relapse.
You will go away with a better understanding of lapse and relapse and some tools for helping to prevent relapse.
A prior knowledge of counselling skills and an understanding of CBT would be an advantage.
What you will learn
- Marlatt’s Model of Relapse Prevention and how it has evolved
- Different models explaining lapse and relapse
- How the way we think about relapse changes our behaviour
- The role of mindfulness-based interventions in preventing relapse
- How to raise the issue of relapse
- Preventing lapse turning to relapse
- How to respond to relapse
1 day course
Sheffield Technology Parks, Cooper Buildings, Arundel Street, Sheffield, S1 2NS
Open course with individual places
If you have a number of people in your organisation who would benefit, it may be more cost effective to bring it to you.