Spice (Synthetic Cannabinoid Receptor Agonists) use is increasing. These chemicals pose unique problems and are frequently used by people with a range of issues, and often known to mental health, drugs and alcohol, criminal justice and homelessness services. Staff from these services can often feel overwhelmed and unsure how to respond to spice users.
What you will learn
- Spice myths and facts
- How all cannabinoids (synthetic and plant-based) work in the brain and body
- How synthetic and phytocannabinoids differ
- The physical and mental health risks and harm of Spice use
- The law relating to cannabinoids
- The key harm reduction messages for Spice
- How to respond to Spice overdoses and other emergencies
- How to support Spice users into treatment
1 day course
Kala Sangam Arts Centre, Bradford, BD1 4TY
Open course with individual places
If you have a number of people in your organisation who would benefit, it may be more cost effective to bring it to you.